Friday, July 29, 2011

Sam's Summit Honeymoon Saison

Photo credit: Elizabeth Flores/ Star-Tribune

I arrived in Minnesota to find a big Minneapolis Star-Tribune article on my brother Sam and his beer.  Fortunately it was written by a real beer writer and the result is a very good article on the beer from conception to completion.  Nowhere is it mentioned, but Sam used the same yeast as Upright and, not surprisingly, the end result is an exceptionally dry beer.  I think it is fantastic.  The honey is very faint, but I detect it a little on the nose and in the finish.  The honey I am sure added nothing to the color but Sam's grain bill produced a lovely honey colored beer.  It is a nice Minnesota Saison.






The article is well worth a read.

1 comment:

Jeff Alworth said...

If you throw out the one boneheaded review, it's getting nice fan love.