Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Taste of Home: Rogue in Brazil

There are many great breweries in Oregon but without a doubt the most widely traveled is Rogue.  Here is what I found today in my local São Paulo Pão de Açúcar:


Which is remarkable for two reasons: one, little old Rogue from Newport, Oregon makes it all the way to Brazil; two, it is Yellow Snow IPA!  What, no Dead Guy?  Unfortunately I am not high on Yellow Snow, I much prefer Brutal IPA, but I did not come all this way to pay $8 for a 12oz bottle of beer I can get any day at home anyway. 

Amusing that the two other widely traveled beers I have seen all aver the world are also represented at Pão de Açúcar: the social media marvel Brew Dog from Scotland (seen in the pic) and Brooklyn (not pictured).

Anyway, the kids were excited to see Rogue in the store - how typically Oregon: little kids know Oregon beer.

I should also note that I saw Rogue's Voodoo Doughnut beer in San Diego which then reminds me that we met a kid from Washington DC her in SP whose knowledge of Portland consisted on only one thing: Voodoo Doughnut.

Funny that.

2 comments:

Jeff Alworth said...

Good god, eight bucks a bottle? Living in Brazil would be good for my liver.

Unknown said...

Just wait until you find out the price for beers from top brazilian craft breweries, such as Bodebrown and Seasons...